Thursday, August 21, 2008

Red Wings too Good! No Fair! Not Fair for other Teams!!!

The Red Wings are too good! Its no fair. RRRr, I can't stand the goodness that is the Red Wings. They're so great. They are my early pick to win the cup in 2009. I know I'm taking the easy road by choosing last years winner, but you'll find that very few experts are picking the Red Wings to win. In fact most magazine's I've read and people I've talked to have the Sharks listed as the favourites. Well, after looking at the Red Wings line up, I don't know how that's possible.

Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Hossa (that's a top 3 first line in the league)
Fillpula - Datsyuk - Franzen (That would be considered a damn good first line, nevermind 2nd)
Hudler - Draper - Cleary (Well this is just getting silly)
Maltby - Helm - Samuelson (Grind line? This could easily be a quality 2nd line on a lot of teams)

Lidstrom - Rafalski (I'm not even gonna go into why they're so good)
Kronvall - Stuart (No fair! They're cheating! Kronvall and Stuart a top pairing on 25 teams!)
Lebda - Lilja (What? 2 average guys on the Wings? Too bad they only play 5 mins/night)

Osgood (Only goalie with 10+ years experience to never finish lower than 5th in the league including days in NYI and St.Louis, NYI especially amazing b/c before Osgood arrived they had missed the post season for 6 straight years)
Ty Conklin (decent back up, actually put up amazing #'s with Pitty last season)

Coached by Mike Babcock, I just can't pick against this stacked team.

No comments: